Physician specialist second opinions from the comfort of your home.
Whether you are confronting a complex health situation or you want input from a medical specialist about your diagnosis or treatment plan, having a physician specialist on the medical staff at General Hospital on your side can offer peace of mind that you or your family member is receiving appropriate medical care.
Through PinnacleCare VirtualConnect, you can obtain second opinions from physician specialists without having to leave home. PinnacleCare will collect all of the records and medical information pertinent to your diagnosis and work with General Hospital to identify an appropriate specialist for your case. The service is convenient, completely confidential, and easy to get started.
Note: This program should not be accessed for urgent or emergency situations that require immediate medical assistance.
Situations that would likely benefit from a virtual consultation include:
- A new diagnosis and/or treatment plan
- A change in treatment plan has been recommended
- Surgery or an invasive procedure has been recommended
- The diagnosis is unclear
A Virtual Consultation facilitated by General Hospital powered by PinnacleCare VirtualConnect offers you:
- Collection of relevant medical records and images for transfer to consulting specialist
- Organization and review of medical records by PinnacleCare Medical Team to assess medical needs and to help prepare specific questions for consulting specialist
- Written virtual consultation report provided by a physician specialist on the medical staff at General Hospital for opinion on diagnosis and treatment options, including answers to your specific questions
- Debriefing with PinnacleCare Medical Director, explaining the consultation in layman’s terms and helping you understand recommended next steps
- Transfer of the report to your treating physician
Connect with a PinnacleCare Health Advisor
Physicians provide clinical services as members of the medical staff at General Hospital. PinnacleCare is not owned by or affiliated with General Hospital.
PinnacleCare and its employees do not diagnose medical conditions, recommend treatment options, or provide medical care. Any information or services provided should not be considered medical advice. Any medical decisions should be made only after consultation with and at the direction of your medical provider. Any person or entity who provides healthcare services following a referral or other service provided does so independently and not as an agent or representative of PinnacleCare.